Stromboli Project 2021
19th June - 5th JULY 2021
Voice, Text & Performance workshop
With Leonardo Gambardella, Susan Main, Manuela Cherubini
- Workshop designed for professional actors, students of acting and any person curious to explore connection with voice, body, language and performance.
- More than 90 hours of Linklater Voice work and text exploration with an international group of students.
- Text work on love scenes from world literature.
- Final performance directed by Manuela Cherubini and presented at Stromboli Unplugged Theatre Festival
- Classes will be held primarily in English, with Italian translation.
The Sicilian island of Stromboli is one of seven Aeolian Islands and among the most active volcanoes on the planet. Its dramatic black sands, lush vegetation, deep blue seas, breathtaking sunsets and volcanic rumblings offer an inspiring environment for the exploration of literature and theatrical texts. The participants' voices and the texts they put voice to will resonate in Stromboli and its dramatically changing environment: a landscape of earth, wind, fire and water, evoking elemental forces.
June 19th - July 5th (Final presentation evening of July 4th)
Double room at Pensione La Nassa
Single rooms available for an additional 25 euros fee per night.
Dinners will be served every night (except on days off) on the terrace of Bar Ingrid
Local grocery stores, coffee shops and restaurants will provide special discounts for participants
Participants will have use of the kitchen at Pensione La Nassa for breakfast and lunch
For info and registration: Leonardo Gambardella
WhatsApp: +39 339 481 9336
Skype: Leonardo Gambardella